In my paper, I use logos throughout the entire thing. I state different views of the sex industry based on logic, and give examples of why this industry can be harmful to women based on facts about violence towards women as well as discussions about how gender roles in our society are reinforced by the sex industry. I also present logical arguments about how some women can feel empowered by the sex industry, based on their experiences as sex workers.
Ethos:
I use ethos in my paper when I quote women who have had experience in the sex industry, because this gives an accurate image of what the industry is actually like. I also give the opinions of certain feminists who are seen as experts on women's issues to back up ideas in my paper.
Pathos:
My paper definitely uses pathos when I talk about women being objectified by the sex industry. Many sex workers and other people have things to say about the industry that cause people to feel sorry for them. The women's situations cause people to become emotionally involved i the topic. Also, it can cause feelings of anger towards certain members of the industry like the bosses and the customers.
No comments:
Post a Comment